Thursday, May 3, 2007

Americans #1 at Insead

Americans are currently leading the nationality count of admitted students for the class of July 2008. This is based on the research of a fellow student blogger, Strawberrytints. I suspect Americans will fall back into the customary 3rd place position (trailing Indians & French) once the class is actually on campus. The reason is that I suspect the % yield of admitted Americans is naturally lower than that of admitted Indians or French. It is, after all, a big decision for an American to pass by all the great schools closer to home and be willing to put up with 10 months of questioning on the merits of US foreign policy by hundreds of competitive intellectuals.
But wait, how "typically" American are these 40 some admitted students. Well, I was curious enough to dig a bit further.




The results are quite surprising; less than 1 in 3 admitted Americans could even qualify for "typical" status. Based on NetVestibule, the great INSEAD community site where admitted students maintain profiles, more than 40% of admitted Americans have dual nationalities (with 33% residing in the US). The leading combo nationality is Taiwanese (oops, I just got my blog officially banned in China) with a count of 5 students. The only other nationality represented is France with 2 students.


I might go as far at this point to say Americans admitted to INSEAD are some of the most international people on campus. OK, I wouldn't actually put money on it at this point, but it is possible. After all, how many of the European students are living outside of their native country or have a dual nationality? Well, I would test it but NetVestibule really isn't set up for efficient data mining. One thing is sure, INSEAD is the most international MBA program in the world and I cannot wait for August to come so I can make the most of this fact.

3 comments:

Bubbly said...

man! you forgot to add my blog at

http://zanat0s.typepad.com

Bubbly said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Thanks for the analysis, Hog. Quite interesting. I'll bet you a euro that Indians pull ahead by 8/27.

Ha ha ha, the inevitable Zanat0s comment. Don't forget to link me, either!

http://dtlf08.wordpress.com